Fall 2023 Programs at The APAA
As the summer draws to an end, we are gearing up for the upcoming theatre season at Asheville Performing Arts Academy. Here is what you need to know about fall at APAA and how your children can get involved.
The Company: Grades 6-12
The Company is a specialized pre-professional musical theatre school for middle school and high school intermediate/advanced performers who are committed to advancing their performing arts training in American musical theatre.
Why Choose The Company
Classes in dance, acting, and music are offered on a weekly basis as part of the Company's conservatory program. Each week, students participate in music, acting, and dance classes, and throughout the semester, they may choose from a variety of master classes on topics like auditioning, improvising, technical theatre, and specialized dance techniques.
Our nationally acclaimed program offers professional-level rehearsals, technical theater experience, and total immersion in the theater for kids who show an early interest in the performing arts.
An APAA Cabaret - November 10-12, 2023
The Company will perform An APAA Cabaret this November!
If your child is ready to consider joining The Company, we would love to talk more and answer all your questions.
The Prep Program: Grades 1-8
The Prep Curriculum is a pre-conservatory program that enrolls students in a variety of classes to lay the groundwork for future arts education; it is ideal for those with an interest in musical theatre, but who may not yet be ready to commit to a conservatory.
This program is designed to give elementary and middle school students who are just starting out in the arts the knowledge, practice, and enthusiasm they need to take their performance careers to the next level.
Why Choose The Prep Program?
Students are broken up into smaller groups based on both past experiences as well as age. Once in 6th grade or based on the teacher’s recommendations, students are eligible for The Prep program. Students will have the opportunity to rehearse and perform a variety of different types of shows. Let us know if you would like more information about The Prep Program at APAA.
Oliver Jr. - December 8-10, 2023
Prep will be performing the exciting Oliver Jr. this December!
Youth Community Theatre
This fall, we are excited to have new students enroll in our production classes. There are only a few actors onstage at any given time, so we make sure to feature each one in a way that showcases their talents. Our commitment to having the entire cast work together to bring these stories to life is something we are very proud of, and it has earned us national acclaim.
Oliver Jr. and Annie Kids - December 15-17, 2023
1st-8th grade students in our Youth Community Theatre will be performing Oliver Jr. and Annie Kids this December!
Mean Girls JR and Mean Girls High School Version
You’ll have to wait until the spring to see these shows come to life, but rehearsals start this fall for our two Mean Girls productions. We have options for Middle and High School students.
Join APAA This Fall
The Asheville Performing Arts Academy is a school based on unlimited opportunities for students to explore their interests in music, dance, and drama. We want to help instill a love and passion for the performing arts in students in Asheville and western North Carolina.
Students should consider joining Asheville Performing Arts Academy this fall for several compelling reasons:
- Expert Instruction: APAA boasts a team of highly skilled and experienced instructors who are passionate about nurturing young talent. Whether it's acting, dancing, or singing, students will receive top-notch training and guidance.
- Performance Opportunities: Students will have the chance to showcase their talents through regular performances and shows. This experience not only builds confidence but also helps them develop essential stage presence and communication skills.
- Creative Environment: APAA fosters a creative and supportive environment, encouraging students to express themselves freely and explore their artistic potential.
- Community and Friendship: Joining the academy means becoming part of a community of like-minded individuals who share a passion for the performing arts. Lifelong friendships and connections are often formed through shared experiences.
- Personal Growth: Participation in performing arts can significantly contribute to personal growth. It promotes discipline, perseverance, and the ability to handle constructive criticism, valuable skills applicable in various aspects of life.
- Fun and Enjoyment: Learning performing arts can be an incredibly enjoyable and fun experience. Students get to engage in activities they love while honing their talents.
- College and Career Opportunities: For students considering a career in the arts, training at a reputable academy can strengthen their college applications and provide a strong foundation for future endeavors.
- Artistic Expression: Performing arts offer a unique and powerful outlet for self-expression. It allows students to channel their emotions and ideas into their performances, fostering creativity and imagination.
- Long-lasting Impact: The skills and experiences gained from participating in the Asheville Performing Arts Academy can leave a lasting impact on students' lives, instilling a lifelong appreciation for the arts and creativity.
If you would like to know more about how much your child can grow at Asheville Performing Arts Academy, reach out to our team today!