Carpenter Academy of Irish Dance (CAID)
For Beginners to Advanced Dancers
The Asheville Performing Arts Academy partners with the Carpenter School of Irish Dance. Classes range from beginners to competition dancers.
We have a few important changes to our schedule this year (2021). Please note that your dancer's class section must be approved by Ms. Heather. In order to keep class sizes small, we are dividing up classes by the following levels:
- Beginner I Soft Shoe: Mondays - 5:15pm to 6:00pm
- Beginner II Soft Shoe: Mondays - 5:15pm to 6:30pm
- Beginner Hard Shoe: Wednesdays - 5:45pm to 6:45pm
INTERMEDIATE / CHAMP (Novice & Up)
- Intermediate/Champ: Mondays - 6:45pm to 8:15pm
- Intermediate/Champ: Wednesdays - 7:00pm to 8:30pm
OIREACHTAS DANCERS (Novice & UP level)
*There is an added class this year on Fridays from 3:30-5:00pm (will not happen on FEIS weekends)
A lover of musical theatre and Irish dance, Heather Gallagher brings her unique theatrical creativity to the Carpenter Academy. Her experience in the theatre helps students express themselves through dance in unique ways while also staying true to traditional Irish Dance.
Heather is from Cleveland, OH. She moved to Asheville to attend UNCA where she played soccer (Go Bulldogs!) and graduated with honors with a BA in Psychology. Heather has also been Irish Dancing since the age of 4.
All dancers are evaluated by our certified staff to determine which class would best suit their needs. Be aware that competition level does not determine class placement.
The Beginner Class is designed to introduce new students to the unique style of Irish Dance. Students will learn basic skills and step work.
Advanced Beginner Class
The Advanced Beginner Class is suited for dancers with previous Irish Dance experience. These dancers will continue to build on their soft shoe skills and stepwork and will also be introduced to basic hard shoe movements.
Novice - Champ Class
This class is for Novice, Prizewinner, Preliminary Champion, and Open Champion Level dancers and focuses on helping dancers achieve their competitive goals through an emphasis on technique, style, and fitness.
Tuition for the 2020 - 2021 year will be based on a monthly tuition payments rather than terms. The tuition payments will be for regular class time only and WILL NOT include the workshops. We have taken those out and will be paid separately to Ms. Amanda when she comes to Asheville for the workshops.
- Beginner I Class: $65/month
- Beginner II Class: $75/month
- 2 Beginner Classes: $100/month
- Int./Champ Class: $90/month
- 2 Int./Champ Classes: $110/month
- 3 Int./Champ Classes: $150/month
- Beginner Soft Shoe: $40
- Beginner/Adv Beginner Soft Shoe: $70
- Beginner/Adv Beginner Hard Shoe: $70
- Int./Champ: $140
*Workshops are mandatory for all dancers attending the Oireachtas.
- We accept cash, check, and automatic payments. Families will receive an Invoice through Bill.com to set up their payments.
- ANY tuition turned in past the 15th of each month must include a $10 late fee. No exceptions.
- Please note - tuition is half off for siblings. If your dancer has a sibling interested in lessons this term, please let Heather know.