For Beginners to Advanced Dancers
The Asheville Performing Arts Academy partners with the Carpenter Academy of Irish Dance. Classes range from beginners to competition dancers.
We have a few important changes to our schedule this year (2021). Please note that your dancer's class section must be approved by Ms. Heather. In order to keep class sizes small, we are dividing up classes by the following levels:
- Beginner Class: Monday - 5:30pm to 6:15pm
- Advanced Beginner/New Novice Soft Shoe: Monday - 4:15pm to 5:30pm
- Advanced Beginner/New Novice Hard Shoe: Wednesday - 4:15pm to 5:30pm
- Monday - 6:15pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesday - 6:15pm to 7:30pm
- Monday - 6:15pm to 8:00pm
- Wednesday - 6:15pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday - 6:15pm to 7:30pm
- Friday - 4:40pm to 6:00pm
A lover of musical theatre and Irish dance, Heather Gallagher brings her unique theatrical creativity to the Carpenter Academy. Her experience in the theatre helps students express themselves through dance in unique ways while also staying true to traditional Irish Dance.
Heather is from Cleveland, OH. She moved to Asheville to attend UNCA where she played soccer (Go Bulldogs!) and graduated with honors with a BA in Psychology. Heather has also been Irish Dancing since the age of 4.
All dancers are evaluated by our certified staff to determine which class would best suit their needs. Be aware that competition level does not determine class placement.
The Beginner Class is designed to introduce new students to the unique style of Irish Dace. Students will learn basic soft shoe skills and step work.
Advanced Beginner/New Novice Class
Soft Shoe: Monday 4:15-5:30pm
Hard Shoe: Wednesday 4:15-5:30pm
This class is suited for dancers with previous Irish Dance experience. These dancers will continue to build on their soft shoe and hard shoe skills as they learn the new timing of the Novice level skills.
These classes are for full Novice and Prizewinner Level dancers that have already learned the intro to Novice level skills and can dance full rounds. This class focuses on helping dancers achieve their competitive goals through an emphasis on technique, style and fitness.
This class is for Champion level dancers and is in combination with the Intermediate Class.
This class is for all dancers working towards the Oireachtas competition this coming December. All Traditional Set dancers and Solo Dancers are invited into this class.
This class is for any new or returning adult dancers who want to learn the basic skills and step work of Irish Dance. This class will focus on solo steps and team dances and building community through dance.
Tuition for the year will be based on a monthly tuition payments rather than terms. The tuition payments will be for regular class time only and WILL NOT include the workshops. We have taken those out and will be paid separately to Ms. Amanda when she comes to Asheville for the workshops.
- Beginner Class: $65/month
- Advanced Beginner/New Novice class Soft Shoe: $75/month
- Advanced Beginner/New Novice soft and hard shoe classes: $115/month
- 1 intermediate class/week: $100/month
- 2 intermediate classes/week: $130/month
- 2 advanced classes/week: $150/month
- 2 intermediate classes and Oireachtas class Fridays: $150/month
- 2 advanced classes and Oireachtas class Fridays: $180/month
- Adult Class: $75/month
- Aug. 28-29, 2021
- Nov. 6-7, 2021
*Workshops are mandatory for all dancers attending the Oireachtas.
- We accept cash, check, and automatic payments. Families will receive an Invoice through Bill.com to set up their payments.
- ANY tuition turned in past the 15th of each month must include a $10 late fee. No exceptions.
- Please note - tuition is half off for siblings. If your dancer has a sibling interested in lessons this term, please let Heather know.