For Beginners to Advanced Dancers
The Asheville Performing Arts Academy partners with the Carpenter Academy of Irish Dance. Classes range from beginners to competition dancers.
We have a few important changes to our schedule for the 23-24 Season. Please note that your dancer's class section must be approved by Ms. Heather. In order to keep class sizes small, we are dividing up classes by the following levels:
TERM DATES 23-24
- Start: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- End: Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- No Classes: November 22, 2023
- Start: Monday, December 4, 2023
- End: Wednesday, March 11, 2024
- No Classes: December 18-January 5, 2024 & January 15, 2024
- Start: Monday, March 18, 2024
- End: Monday, June 10, 2024
- No Classes:
- Begginer Soft Shoe: Mondays, 5:00pm to 5:45pm
- Advanced Beginner Soft & Hard Shoe: Mondays, 5:00pm to 5:45pm and Wednesday, 5:00pm to 5:45pm
- Monday, 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesday, 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Dancers will be asked to stay late some class periods for extra time on their dances
- Please contact the studio to join the waitlist. A minimum of 8 adults is required for the class to be held.
NEW AND DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START?
A lover of musical theatre and Irish dance, Heather Gallagher brings her unique theatrical creativity to the Carpenter Academy. Her experience in the theatre helps students express themselves through dance in unique ways while also staying true to traditional Irish Dance.
Heather is from Cleveland, OH. She moved to Asheville to attend UNCA where she played soccer (Go Bulldogs!) and graduated with honors with a BA in Psychology. Heather has also been Irish Dancing since the age of 4.
All dancers are evaluated by our certified staff to determine which class would best suit their needs. Be aware that competition level does not determine class placement.
The Beginner Class is designed to introduce new students to the unique style of Irish Dace. Students will learn basic soft shoe skills and step work.
Soft Shoe: Monday 5:00-5:45pm
Hard Shoe: Wednesday 5:00-5:45pm
This class is suited for dancers with previous Irish Dance experience. These dancers will continue to build on their soft shoe and hard shoe skills as they learn the new timing of the Intermediate/Advance level skills.
These classes are for full Novice and Prizewinner Level dancers that have already learned the Advanced Beginner level skills and can dance full rounds. This class focuses on helping dancers achieve their competitive goals through an emphasis on technique, style and fitness.
*Oireachtas dancers will be asked to stay late some class periods for extra time on their dances
Contact the Studio for more information
This class is for any new or returning adult dancers who want to learn the basic skills and step work of Irish Dance. This class will focus on solo steps and team dances and building community through dance. A minumum of 8 dancers is required for the class to be held.
Tuition for the year will be based on terms. The three terms for the 23-24 are Fall (September-November), Winter (December-March), and Spring (March-June) The tuition payments include the mandatory workshops hosted by Ms. Heather and Ms. Amanda. Intermediate/Advance classes also include choreography charges.
All students registered through CAID Asheville must first register with the Carpenter Academy of Irish Dance and pay a $60 registration fee here.
- Beginner Soft Shoe Class: $225/term ($75/month)
- Advanced Beginner Soft & Hard Shoe: $375/term ($125/month)
- 1 Intermediate/Advance class/week: $465/term ($155/month)
- 2 Intermediate/Advance class/week: $615/term ($205/month)
- Adult Class: $225/term ($75/month)
- Workshops Only: $175/year
November 4th & 5th
- Winter/Spring Workshop dates are TBD. Please plan for 2 CAID workshops run by Ms. Amanda and 1 workshop run by Ms. Heather per term.
*Workshops are mandatory for all dancers attending the Oireachtas.
- To register, students must fill out both the CAID form and the CAID Asheville form. All students must pay a $60 registration form to CAID in addition to their CAID Asheville tuition.
- We accept credit card and automatic payments. Families will pay for the Fall term through the CAID Asheville registration form on TeamSnap. They will receive a separate invoice for the Winter and Spring terms.
- Students commit to one term at a time. No refunds will be given during a term. To unenroll, students must complete this unenrollment form through the CAID website.
- Please note - students receive a 10% discount for siblings. If your dancer has a sibling interested in lessons this term, please let Heather know.