Asheville, NC Performing Arts and Theatre
Asheville is a remarkable city, unique in our state and region. A few of the characteristics that make our city different than the rest of the South include:
- The area is surrounded by the tallest mountains on the East Coast.
- We have excellent schools, healthcare, and the type of amenities you expect in a much larger city.
- There are countless miles of hiking and mountain biking trails to explore.
- Western North Carolina is intricately connected to the arts.
While we welcome millions of tourists to Buncombe County each year, many fall in love with this unique area so much that they never want to leave. Thousands of people have moved here just since the start of the Global COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you were drawn here by our collective passion for the arts, you might be searching for an Asheville area performing arts theatre. Asheville Performing Arts Academy helps area students embrace the performing arts, preparing them for theater now and in the future.
APAA: An Asheville, NC Performing Arts Academy, and Theatre
Our mission at Asheville Performing Arts Academy is based on unlimited opportunities for students to explore their interests in music, dance, and drama. We foster a love and appreciation for the arts through student-teacher relationships, which encourage and help you to excel at your dream.
How Asheville Performing Arts Academy Instills a Passion for the Arts in Area Students
APAA utilizes various programs and summer camps to accomplish our mission, such as:
- The Company: The Company is a one-on-one pre-professional performing arts program for intermediate/advanced Middle and High School students interested in pursuing a career in American Musical Theatre. The Company is looking for students in rising sixth through twelfth grades who enjoy participating in live performances. Students in The Company frequently visit theatrical events and seminars in addition to acting in a fully staged musical.
- The Prep Program: The Prep Program is a preparatory program for those interested in learning more about musical theater and maybe pursuing a career in the field. Designed for elementary and middle school-aged students, this program is perfect for those who are just starting out or have some experience with the performing arts. Each Prep Program student takes a variety of classes to lay the foundation for a career in the arts.
- Theatre Kids! We will learn all facets of the stage in our preschool to early elementary-aged curriculum, including prop-building, dancing, singing, and acting. We will nurture their passion for theatre and love for making new friends. Your child will experience the joys of storytelling, whether they are destined for Broadway or just a small theatrical fan!
- Homeschool Academy: For the many homeschool families in western North Carolina, your students can learn all facets of theater from our homeschool programs. We are currently offering three, three-week-long options.
- Summer Camps: APAA offers a variety of theater-based summer camps each year that allow students to be immersed in the performing arts.
If you have a child that would benefit from enrolling in an Asheville area Performing Arts Academy, APAA is here for you. We would love to answer your questions and provide more information about getting involved. Contact Asheville Performing Arts Academy today for more information about our school.