Buncombe County Theater Program
Buncombe County has become one of the most popular parts of the state to which to relocate. For decades, the county has welcomed thousands of new residents every year. However, in the past twelve to eighteen months, the area’s growth has accelerated rapidly. If you’re wondering why, here are a few reasons:
- Working remotely has given people the freedom to choose where they want to live based on their lifestyles, not where their offices are located.
- Buncombe County is surrounded by mile-high mountains and wild beauty.
- Buncombe County has hundreds of miles of hiking and mountain biking trails.
- Buncombe County has several rivers and creeks that are perfect for watersports.
- Buncombe County has excellent schools and hospitals.
- Buncombe County has an appreciation for the arts that is unmatched by anywhere in the state.
From the River Arts District to the many entertainment venues and theaters, the love for the arts here is apparent. If you are searching for a theater program in Buncombe County, Asheville Performing Arts Academy is the place for you.
Buncombe County Theater Program - Asheville Performing Arts Academy
Here are some of our academy’s programs:
The Company Program
The Company is a one on one, pre-professional performing arts conservatory for intermediate/advanced students in Middle and High School who desire to pursue a career in American Musical Theatre.
Students in rising sixth through twelfth grades who enjoy performing on stage are invited to join the Company. This institution offers dance, acting, and music classes. In addition to acting in a fully staged musical, students in the Company often attend theater performances and conferences.
The Prep Program
The Prep Program is a pre-conservatory style program for students who want to learn more about musical theater and possibly pursue a career in it. Each student in the Prep Program takes many classes to create the groundwork for a career in the arts.
- This program is designed for kids in elementary and middle school who are beginning or intermediate artists.
- Throughout the year, students in the Prep Program have the opportunity to act in cabarets, plays, and full-length musicals.
- The APAA has received numerous honors for ensemble work, choreography, acting, and more! Our alumni also work as professional artists and arts administrators across the country.
- Who can participate in the Prep Program? Anyone who likes musical theater is encouraged to participate since it is designed to train novice and intermediate artists in grades 1 through 8 for the arts.
Theatre Kids! Program
In our preschool to early elementary curriculum, we will learn all aspects of the stage, including prop-building, dancing, singing, and acting. Whether you have a child performer destined for Broadway or just a small theatrical lover, we will nourish their love of theatre with new friends and experience the joys of storytelling!
If you would like your child to participate in a theater program in Buncombe County, NC, Asheville Performing Arts Academy has something for you. Contact us for more information about our theater programs, or sign up online today.